I found these chairs at the thrift store for $20 each and knew they would be perfect by my fireplace. However, when I took my husband to help me pick them up, he was not easily convinced. After a coat of paint and some new fabric, they turned out perfect and one of them is even a rocker!
Here they are at the thrift store. I hate recovering furniture, but because these have wood frames, they only needed the cushions sewn and some spray paint. It was a super easy weekend project.
I took apart the cushions and used them as a pattern for the new ones. I didn't want piping in the middle of the bottom cushion, so I made my pattern one big panel of fabric instead of 2.
Then I just laid out the old cushion fabric on top of my new fabric, cut out the pattern, sewed it up, reused the original zippers, and voila! I did buy some batting and wrapped it around the cushions for added comfort.