Thursday, February 9, 2017
Thanks to my newest sponsor for this great article that is perfect for me and my vertically challenged friends.
Petite women are very attractive if they know how to highlight their physical qualities. Think about how Eva Longoria, Mila Kunis and Sarah Jessica Parker glow on the red carpet regardless of their height. They do not consider the height as being a problem, but an element that they can take advantage of by wearing high heels.
This is a special guide for petite women who love their bodies and want to take advantage of it by creating trendy chic looks, but who also need help. Of course, it is important to bear in mind the type of silhouette when buying clothes as you don’t want to hide your strengths.
The golden rule is that of thirds: do not opt for items that break your look around your waist, but instead wear pants or skirt with high waist and short blouse.
High Heels are Indispensable for Women with Short Legs
If you want to make your legs appear longer, opt for high heels, but avoid ankle strap heels as they will shorten your legs. However, stick to heels of average height as you do not want to get a disproportionate look. If you're not a fan of heels, opt for nude platforms. Or you can easily wear boots, those that are fixed on the leg, but never tuck the trousers into them.
Speaking of trousers, Victoria Beckham knows her way around a pair of jeans. For petite women, a flare cut will lengthen your legs and give the appearance of height. Just make sure you choose a pair that's fitted above the knee. In terms of colour, it is best if you choose pastel colours as they will create the effect of long legs otherwise wearing different colours will divide your body into segments, thereby making you look shorter.
Additionally, high-waist trousers will also help you create that effect, just like Natalie Portman.
The dresses are perfect for petite women, and in this respect you have complete freedom. That means you can wear anything, even delicate prints and ruffles around the neckline or asymmetrical dresses, but they must end above the knees, not below them. Petite women get swallowed up by floor-sweeping hemlines and baggy long dresses. It's best to stick with tailored clothes that balance your proportions.
Another recommended dress models are the V-neck and scoop neck as they will flatter your petite frame, but do not forget the tight dresses, especially if you're blessed with an hourglass silhouette.
Crop-shirts are only for a bold look, but if your silhouette allows you to wear them regularly, then go for them. You can lengthen your torso by wearing a longer fitted light shirt underneath a cropped sweater.
However, there is one thing you must avoid: maxi blouses/jumpers. You can only wear a maxi blouse/jumper during the summer with shorts or a miniskirt. Otherwise, wear blouses that end at the hip. A second important tip is not to wear long sleeve blouses and choose instead cuffed sleeves in order to emphasize your shape.
Accessories & Extra Tips
No outfit is complete without an accessory. However, there are certain “rules” when it comes to accessories as well if you are petite.
- Jewellery- short ladies should avoid wearing big jewellery as it will only “hide” them among those big accessories. Do not opt for chokers as they are not a good choice; therefore choose a pendant necklace for a relaxed, elegant look.
- Earrings can be a great way to make a statement or add a personal touch to your outfit, especially if you attend an event. But when it comes to a day-to-day outfit (office or casual) it is best if you choose earrings of the size of your eye socket.
- Bags-Similar to the jewellery, bags you decide to carry should not be big. Either medium or small size.
- Scarfs- are always a great accessory to complete your outfit. However, make sure you do not wear them wrapped around your neck. Let them hanging instead.
- Vertical Stripes are a true ally for petite girls. They never fail to elongate every silhouette. So do not avoid a striped dress or pair of pants. And the best part is that this optical illusion helps you look even slimmer.
- Shirt dresses (up to the knees) are a great choice for a casual outfit; it will make you look tall and slim.
- Belts- choose colours similar to your shirt or trousers
- You should avoid wearing contrasting colors. They will cut the figure in half, highlighting the lack of height
These are only few fashion tips which could help you accentuate your physical qualities, but feel free to mix or develop your own style which matches your personality and make you feel comfortable. You can buy all this without exceeding your monthly budget using coupon codes. Visit OZCodes.com.au to find latest deals.